The course is a golfer's dream – whether amateur or professional. With 18 holes now open and only 5 kilometres from Currie, Ocean Dunes has been compared to Cyprus Lakes and Pebble Beach and is on the list of 'must go' world golfing destinations.
The Southern Ocean acts as a beautiful backdrop on the downhill approach to the par-five opening hole. At the short par-four second, the ocean skirts the right hand side of the hole and must be driven over at the long par-four third, while the 130-metre par-three fourth promises to be one of the most photographed holes in Australian golf.
Watching and listening to the various moods of the ocean, from dead calm and quiet to thundering waves crashing onto the rocks, is an experience not to be missed. Covering 285 acres (115.4Ha) and incorporating rolling dunes and unsurpassed views along 2 kilometres of majestic coastline, this land is made for golf.
- Fortune favours the brave with heroic tee shots leaving simple approaches to the greens
- Subtle, rolling greens set in picture-perfect, natural locations
- Multiple tee blocks for players of all standards
- Ample landing areas to accommodate even the most challenging of windy conditions
- Two spectacular, signature par threes that cross the surging ocean
For more information visit - www.oceandunes.com.au